Thursday, September 25, 2008

Note to Dave. . .

Dear Dave,

I have watched you for years, and oh, can I call you Dave? I hope so, but today is a sad day, as I am ending my relationship with you and your sponsors, it is painful but is must be done. Your rant about the fact that SENATOR McCain, who is running for office but still a paid member of the government, had to opt out of your show in order to do his job is a disgrace.
If he had shown up, you would have asked him why he was not in Washington doing his job, because he chose to do his job, you attack him, and as a Democrat, I am disgusted by people like you. You then bring on, in his place, a disgusting embarrassment to liberal people everywhere- KO. . .who's behavior got him kicked off coverage for the rest of the election. He is classless, and your decision to "get back at" John McCain by putting this person on demonstrates how fanatical you are in your bitterness and hate. For the first time, you have made me really ashamed to be an American Democrat- you and Obama's other supporters who have sunk to lying, forwarding e mails by the hundreds in order to attack and smear a family. . .you have allowed your show to be hijacked for that illicit purpose, and it is the last straw.

You have sunk to a new low, which I did not think possible, given your hypocritical treatment of Palin. . .
I am done with the Democratic party, and now, I am done with you. Thanks for the years of entertainment, I have watched you for years, but you are now as repugnant as you once were brilliant, and I will not watch your show anymore. I bid you good luck and good bye.

4 comments:

Georgiann said...

Hi Rainmom,

As I've said before, I love reading your posts as they are very different from other blogs that I read.

About your Dave critique, yes I thought that was shady that he made fun of McCain's decision to skip the show....until I saw him on the evening news (live) with Katie Curic (sp?) at the same time that the Letterman show was taping. Of course, Curic's show is about news, while Letterman's isn't. But, it sure does smell like a publicity stunt to me.

I love that you don't hold opinions back in this blog.=)

Gooch

Anonymous said...

While I understand your view, I just cannot see how it is so wrong and suspect to do the job the tax payers are paying you to do. . .Only in politics can it be considered a publicity stunt to go and do the job you are being paid to do.

I saw the Couric, and looked like the basis of the skit on SNL. . with Obama and Clinton.

I do not see how this crisis, and doing the job you are supposed to be doing. . .at tax payer expense. . .is a "stunt"

But putting Olberman on was cheap!

BTW- Loved the costumes a LOT for the pupsies! :)

M

KP said...

I think the bigger deal was that McCain lied to Letterman. He said he was going back to DC immediately to deal with the crisis but, instead, he gives an interview with Couric. Whatever, do what you got to do, dude, but why lie about it? That's what lit Letterman's fire.

Anonymous said...

So, my KP, it is all in the timing? He did an interview on his way back? So, he lied by not saying "first, I am going to go back to Washington, after my interview"?

Lying is saying you are going to Washington, and then not doing it. . .to me anyway:)

I still think Letterman is milking this, and many will forget or G-d FORBID forget that both of the people running for president, and 1 of those running for VP. . .are supposed to be working as Senators!

Did you see the "who's running Alaska?" piece. . .see, some people are being held to the duties of theri office. . .:)

M out