Friday, September 12, 2008

Letter to the editor- Names have been changed. . .:)

A woman tried to caution me about not letting my feminine wiles cloud my judgement. . .feh!!!


It was with surprise and disgust that I saw someone felt the need to caution me to be careful that my little old feminine head not be turned by Sarah Palin, and I am shocked it was a woman. The fact that pinko feels the need to caution educated, ambitious women like me to not fall into the XX (not XY as pinko erroneously states) trap is EXACTLY the problem with the Democratic party in general.

The assumption that women, when presented with a female candidate with moxie and ideas, should ignore her because she is of the wrong party is not only narrow minded, it speaks to the paternalistic behavior of this campaign being trotted out by the Democratic party. People like pinko and the attitudes they hold are making me look elsewhere for political representation and as an Independent, I have no qualms about looking at Palin as a person, not a party member.

In addition to her condescending tone, she also uses bogus information in her letter as fact. The shoddy research is clearly due to pinko bias against Palin simply because she is not a Democrat, and that is partisanship at its most damaging.

John McCain’s courage led to VP choice that I can support. As the parent of a special needs child myself, she is a role model in strength and determination, and dare I say ambition. It Is because of party games that Hillary is not running, and that cannot be blamed on the GOP, just as it is not the GOP’s fault that their candidate was the only one willing to accord a woman the opportunity to lead. pinko would caution individuals to follow the Democratic lead quietly, without comment or question- this woman respectfully declines to do so.

No comments: