Tuesday, April 27, 2010

One of my many weaknesses


Ok, I have to 'fess up- I am prone to looking at things very clinically. . .and well, that usually works out for me, with one GLARING exception-

I am superstitious about one thing and it seems to be coming true. I will explain-

I lost my Star of David necklace, the first one I ever got. It is of major value in my psyche and my heart for many reasons. Pressed it to my mouth on so many occasions to ward off fear, pain, anxiety, alone or all at once. Kissed it in recognition of good fortune and success, and slept with my hand wrapped around it when I got the news that my health was looking up. . .you get the picture.

Since losing it awhile back, nothing has seemed right, and I am faced with my weakness again- I depend on material things that I give value to, instead of humans who could actually help. . .totally weird.

For example, when I went to the movie by myself, Clash of the Titans, and I felt so weird about being alone surrounded by all the couples and families. . .I reached for my necklace. . .and felt the loss again.

I know, I shouldn't put so much into it, but wow. . .

Going to see The Losers on Sunday, love the after lunch before supper time slot, and as long as I don't leave town, the older kids will babysit for a few hours. . .maybe I just need practice at this going alone to the movie thing, so that if I ever get to go with anyone again I will appreciate it:)

No comments: