Thursday, April 15, 2010

Last time. . .EVER I MEAN IT- If my downward facing dog won't hunt I GIVE UP


OK-was looking for my older post about this topic- but can't find it. . .so here it goes. Yes, if you are yoga savvy you know that the Downward facing dog is an impossible position for any person to do with out wondering "just how incredibly LARGE does my ass look now? Hopefully the puckers and scars from my health crap will distract any eyes". . .I mean a Yoga Pose. And I.HATE.YOGA.
However, I am going to load up on granola and soysomething, hug several trees and sing many MANY choruses of "This land is your land" and Kumbaya. . .and try an introductory session this weekend.
In the past, my attempts at this particular activity have resulted in aches, pains, homicidal thoughts against the furry, slightly scary instructors who have told me my shakrahs are effed up. . .well, in nicer words but I HEARD the f word in their paralanguage. . .and that I really am an unconscious breather. . .wow, that hurt, ouch, and many other reactions that have caused me to question just what kind of person I am. . .
After all, how can anyone HATE Yoga? Simply anyone who is a good person knows Yoga is an absolute good.
Ummmm Ohohohoh Mr. Kottttah I can hate Yoga, without shame
However- at this point if something does click and I can bring order out of chaos by BREATHING, something I kind of have to do anyway, well, one more time
BUT
THIS IS IT- if it STILL sucks, I reserve the right to go on hating it and not look back. . .
Just saying:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like yoga, either. Sh! It's on the order of my not liking chocolate...

Amanda

Margaret said...

Hahaha, well, I happen to love yoga. I'm not an expert, but I can probably give you some tips on the breathing if you'd like. I can also recommend a good home DVD you can try, and probably get from the library as well (I know the Port library has it).