Sunday, April 18, 2010

Old Dog, Meet new tricks


Ok- so for those who may be wondering if I am now a lover of Yoga, the answer to that is no, However, the class this weekend was very interesting. . .and well all I can say is Warrior Two pose and I got along well, very well. . .


Some differences- most striking. . .the instructor was. . .a. . .Republican. . .no just kidding. . .a DUDE!

So right off the bat, it was totally different. First he was the stereotype I had in my head. . .theology professor with a side of New Age. . .and he hates all the good interesting foods so he is perfect! He has the most out there philosophy on sleep I have EVER heard. . .whoa. . .so he was perfect!


Yes, there were moments that were very VERY familar. . .that ^%&$ downward facing dog was repeated. . .again. . .and again. . .this was the worst part, because he said "put your sits bones up to the sky, and I heard "shits bones" and started giggling. . .narrowly averted being thrown out again. . .but it was my ass he was talking about and well YOU KNOW. . .I am claiming "honest mistake" and moving on. . .


1 hour and 15 minutes later, not an OHM in sight, and I was ready to call it a day. . .this class was totally physical, felt more like a workout, and totally kicked my ASS in and out of Down dog Down. . .

So, I may have to take Mz. Zz up on her offer. . .

No comments: