Friday, April 16, 2010

On the morrow

The moon and Venus- April 16, 2010

Wondering about the whole yoga aversion thing- and I think a lot of it has to do with the whole emphasis on thinking about things that I just never have before. . .but maybe this time is different.

Before I got sick, things were different, I was different, and the way I thought about things then is not the same as now. . .

I used to be bored by yoga, there was no marveling in the ability to draw breath, no appreciation for being able to move, to feel the muscles stretch and energize, I had no time in my life and no room in my mind for it, I found it tedious and strange.

Then I got sick. . .

Now, it is an amazing blessing to be able to move, to be aware of the air moving in and out of your lungs, and that is not all I am noticing-

Food, after years of being the enemy to my visions of a size 6, after months of not being able to eat, has become the sustenance it is meant to be. . .and the

Running, a chore and nothing fun, is something I like to do now- more on that later. . .

Off to try to sleep. . .eventually

No comments: