Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A lot to think about this Yontif. . .

So, in the space of a few days, the polls reveal that Obama is increasing his lead over McCain, prompting my inbox to quickly fill with forwards about this fact- because, you know, they are all over this change. . .from decent civil discourse and debating facts and such. . .oh that is SOOOOO old school, manners, come ON!

No, the changelings that fill my inbox are not very concerned about class or manners, or tact or and this is great. . they are not at all concerned with facts, nope, anything horrible that anyone can think of . . .my fav so far has been a Kos blog that stated that because Palin changed the spelling of her kid's name. . .well, you know, that means she lied about what his name was. . .priceless-

Yes, the poll information is there, and I see it, and when McCain was doing well, did I do the same? I could have, but that is kind of what the change thing was talking about, right? Riiiight. If the behavior of the changelings is any indication of what life under the Obama regime will be. . .well, all I will say is that I hope that all of you are ready for the world you are creating- where jokes about Down Syndrome kids and skin cancer are a ok, so long as they are about the "Right" people, and I hope you are ready for a world where someone other than you gets to decided what the truth is. . .and I hope you are going to be willing to see this all through- and that all of the stars in Hollywood, the elite and rich are ready to pony up their excessive cash- give up their lavish lives. . .just like Obama says. . .without using loopholes and excuses or moving out of the country- c'mon Hollywood! Joe says that the high taxes are to show your patriotism. . .fuck joining the Armed Forces and all. . .that is all over with! Throw YOUR money at it all, Hollywood! Oh, and if that is what you want, to pay more, I hope all of you who vote for income redistribution and an outmoded organizational model MEANT to be efficient but is not. . .will be willing to pay MY share of things. . .since I will still be working, not waiting for aid from the Great American Giveaway. . .

But I am much better off than many on either side of this brutal display of unchecked rumormongering and blind faith in party politics- no matter what happenes, at the very least, I am no longer laboring under the false consciencousness that LIBERAL people are tolerant and are for the rights of all women. This election has showed my that while my liberal women friends expect me to support their causes and beliefs, mine are not worthy. That only the "left" kind of woman will be supported. . .and well, for that revelation, I am grateful.

I would be lying if I said that I will not miss the illusion of "being in it together", but it hurts less in this context- and well, it was a necessary, if painful reminder that for many women, their worst critics are women who will maybe someday regret their actions and inactions to aid the cause of women. . .by making the gender issues political, they provide sound bites for those that would want to keep the status quo. . .and well, I am sorry for them. . .and they can join me on the front lines anytime.

I'll be waiting.

No comments: