Tuesday, October 7, 2008

At LAST someone put it in print!

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/ask-dr-helen-how-do-you-deal-with-a-palin-hater/2/


This OPINION, not truth, there is a difference you know, piece is a great example of what my life has been like since making my political affilation turmoil public.

The fact that so many WOMEN are frothing at the mouth and consider the inclusion of Hillary as "progress" and the inclusion of Palin as "pandering" shows the divide in the female population is our own greatest enemy.

As long as women on both sides continue to insist on regulating and shaping the vision of gender equality to their own liking AND demonizing women who do not agree with that vision, as a whole, nothing will ever change. It is sad, because so many of these insane attacks on Palin are coming from people who are very much like her in matters of work and ambition. They are making the tradeoffs in work and parenting, outsourcing and struggling to make partner, tenure, CEO, and at the core of their struggle? The CONTINUED gender role sets of women. . .no matter what your politics.

Indeed, both sides have their fanatics. . .not trying to imply that Liberal women are the only ones in play here. . .but they are the ones I identified with, the ones who I thought I could count on, because I had supported many of their causes for so long, even if I did not agree with all of their opinions, I agreed on the effects of gender on the issue and offered support.

This election has shattered friendships that have last for years, I have people flaming my e mail account, and these are people I have know for almost 10 years, some longer. . .all because why? I chose to leave politics behind and concentrate on our common gender issues?

Yeah, shame on me. I will be able to sleep at night, no matter how the election turns out. . .I wonder if some of the people who are clogging my inbox with flat out lies will be able to say the same.

Oh, and on the economy??? Get ready; Obama's party is being called out as the shadow figures behind the mess. . . .by a liberal European paper writer! Remember opinion, but this is one piece that uses facts to support the opinion. . .but feel free to fact check!

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/dominic-lawson/dominic-lawson-democrat-fingerprints-are-all-over-the-financial-crisis-949653.html


"Ignorance is an enemy, even to its owner.
Knowledge is a friend, even to its hater.
Ignorance hates knowledge because it is too pure.
Knowledge fears ignorance because it is too sure."

Sri Chinmoy

No comments: