Tuesday, October 21, 2008

From the dark, one small voice


A port in a storm, and a light in the storm, and when all else fails, when anxiety is full blown, there is nothing so calming and centering than the warm and safe feeling you can give to your children.
The hugs and kisses, the calm voice and the constant reassurance that no matter what, they will be loved and cared for, and that I will never let them get carried off by any of life's storms.
When I am feeling at my weakest, and dreading the future, I am reminded over and over again that my children need better than that, and to let the waves of life crash, but never ever let them carry you off, and that will always get me through. . no matter what. . .
Hold tight to your happy thoughts, and those you love, they are more precious than anything. . .

No comments: