Thursday, May 6, 2010

To my Gentle Man, and gentleman


Dawn on Lake Michigan-2009
Was so glad to talk to you today, and start my day out with your sweetness. . .but have to ask. . .

Are you sure you want this? To even start down this path is going to be rough- you have a complete picture of what you are in for, I have told you how messed up everything is and that I will not blame you one bit if you take one look that this mess I call a life and say "no thanks."
Yes, I know I'm pushing you away again, ok? I am not used to this yet, I was just saying to my friend the other day I have NO IDEA how relationships are in real life, all I had was pretty messed up, and I am just now figuring out how the real world lives. Yet, when we talked on the phone all weekend, and texting this morning. . .all was well, wasn't it. . .:)

A life free of fear, that is a huge deal. . .and I am sorry if you feel like I am waiting for you to snap. . .I know I know, it's not fair to keep holding the past up to keep you away, but I am glad you are willing to give me time to get to the point where I can get past it all and live a Happy life. I know that my health is a concern, but really the drama makes me most crazy. . .and I know understand that, and I so appreciate all that you have done to be there and the strength you have given me, the time we have spent together shopping and having lunch with your parents was so normal and wonderful and just so cool!
Then more drama, and I have to say. . .
Can I BE painfully HONEST? I do not know why you are still wanting this relationship. . .I laid it all out for you in vivid detail, and really thought that you would sprint to the nearest exit. I was not prepared for you to want to hug me, and comfort me and ask me about my feelings. . .every single time I start to think about the past. . .your patience and your concern make me feel very secure when so much of my life makes me feel threatened. . .so if I looked at you funny at all, understand it is STILL just so shocking. . .on so many levels. Not bad, see, I have to get used to NICE shocks., aka pleasant surprises:)

So- what I am trying to say, my dear Gentle man, and gentleman, is yes, ok, deal, me too and we'll see:)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl-It nice To have someone special that cares. Please just make sure you treat hear right O.K. Mr. Gentle Man.

Sincerely,
Papa Pro

Margaret said...

Wishing you and your gentleman much happiness!

Anonymous said...

Wow - I can't spell today, "It's" nice, and treat "her" right. That's better. :)

Anonymous said...

I PROMISE WITH ALL THAT I AM FOR HER I WILL ALWAYS BE A GENTLEMAN AND A VERY GENTLE MAN WITH HER HEART

LUCKY GENTLEMAN IN HER LIFE

Anonymous said...

so blushing. . .a LOT. . .

Anonymous said...

ok delurking for this- gentle man if you break my sister's heart I will find you and it will end badly. For her whole life she has cared for people who did not see her wonderful heart and treated her like dirt. She is strong she is wonderful and she deserves someone to make her relax and enjoy her life- mistreat my sister at your own risk!

Anonymous said...

also delurking to say to the gentle man- this woman has been through hell and back - please treat her right she is such a good person she stayed with someone who abused her as she tried to make him happy. Hope you are different

Anonymous said...

so glad to see you are taking a chance you so deserve better than the horrible life you had- please be happy and remember dont think so much as feel!
D

Anonymous said...

OMG REALLY???? SHUT UP AND GET OUT!! just wish I could add what I feel about this without sounding like im selling her like some item. Guess all I can add it that this is one of the nicest funniest and never boring to talk to person I have ever met, and while I had no idea what her life was like, she was there for me anytime I needed her, she never ever let me down, and I consider her a wonderful friend who deserves to be really happy.

Cait

Anonymous said...

From the GENTLE MAN

SWEAR AND PROMISE TO ALWAYS SHOW HER JUST HOW A LADY DESERVES TO BE TREATED AND NEVER LET HER DOWN. ONE SONG SAYS IT ALL

"UNDER ONE CONDITION"