Sunday, May 16, 2010

Soul wash




If I ever wondered if I was in the right field, one that will captivate me for my entire life, all I have to do is go to a concert to reaffirm that I am in the right line of work.


The band I saw last night is part of the reason I can blog- the lead singer and I are like souls in some respects, and it is that similarity that draws me to the music they bring. The process that brings someone to self awareness takes on many forms, and for me, there was and is a soundtrack. . .and Korn is the band that symbolizes the start of the path.




I always wear the same thing to Korn, and each part of the outfit means something different-


Black nail polish sloppily applied= the darkness that has touched you


Black lipstick= The darnkess that has silenced you


Black eye shadow= The darkness you have seen


Sunglasses= The darkness around you that are escaping




Opened with my favorite song- one that just was my life, and it was all amazing from there. . .songs that allow for the release of pain and allow for the chance to move beyond it- Metal doesn't make me angry, it sets my anger free.




1 comment:

Margaret said...

Wow!!! That is AWESOME!!!