Wednesday, March 17, 2010

When moments are not enough

Release the dog of War. . .August 2008

Many times over the past few years I have had these reality checks, that are often followed by a mantra that only recently began to make me laugh. . . .

When did my life become a bumper sticker campaign?

Giggle- no really when????? Seriously, when did I start to jones for the perfect saying for the moment I was living? Tough times don't last, but tough people do. . .check. Life/S*%^ Happens/when it doubt, stick it out- Roger that. A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle/Real Women are single/I'll take hand cuffs over a wedding band any day (this one confuses and, frankly scares me) Oooook. . .
I used to just cringe at these kinds of things, not because of disrespect, but because it just seemed weird that something stuck to the back of a car could pop into your mind at the time you need to be strong, be alone, or get better, so random and so weird.
And song lyrics! My relationship with music as always been very close, and it has been no surprise that music has made so many things possible, endurable, and believable. . .
Guess you just never know where the inspiration to go on will come from, even if it's the last place you would expect. . .

No comments: