Monday, March 8, 2010

Redux


Being sick with no back up. . .that REALLY sucks, and really highlights the toll having a non custodial parent slacker for a co parent can have on you. . .
I was just sicker than I HAVE ever BEEN IN MY LIFE. . .solo. . .and while I realize that my CWOAS would not have been at all caring and kind during the siege. . .I may have been able to retain my dignity. . .instead of having my 20 year old son carry my back to my room after I collapsed on the bathroom floor. . .would have kept my 16 year old son from having to take scary phone calls from doctors with scary titles and scary messages. . .and would have kept my dog from having a breakdown when she whined and cried until my 8 year old found me on the kitchen floor. . .too weak to get back to the couch. . .sigh

BUT- the following will illustrate how even if my CWOAS HAD been here. . .it would have been no great comfort; the situation was that I had back to back discussion sections on Monday during grad school- it was the first day of the semester. . .I had to be there. . .and I was. . . with a 104.0 fever. . .made it through my sections, not sure how I made it home. . .collapsed on the couch, and Precious was also sick and throwing up on the love seat when I got home
Me- groooooan
CWOAS- Well, I am going to work now. . .
me- Am I STILL in the car, or am I home?
CWOAS- You are home on the couch, and you have to take care of Precious and the other kids. . .I have to go to work. . .
me- But I have a fever of 104.0, can't you stay home and help?
CWOAS- I already helped you , I let you go to class. . .now I have to go to work. I will be home for supper, so plan on having something I like.
me and Precious- grody and sickening sounds. . .in stereo. . .

Still so priceless:)

No comments: