Monday, March 1, 2010

The Plunge

First the deep breath, now the plunge

Have you ever had the most incredible dream, one so amazing in every way that you literally cried when you realized it was only a dream? Have you ever had a dream so horrific in nature that you rejoiced when you realized it was not real? Have you ever been so happy that you were convinced you were dreaming and literally had to pinch yourself in order to make sure it wasn't a dream? Have you ever looked at the mental wreckage that is your life and wondered "Really? This is really happening to me?"

That is kind of my life right now- so many pristine moments of absolute and pure joy- amazing moments and events, ones that fill my heart with warmth and hope, promise and strength. These events are treasured in a way no material object could ever be, mere memories of these events can and do fill me with those same wonderful emotions. I am in awe of some of the most special people in my life and how they impact me and my day to day life. Students who make me laugh, advisers who make me feel smartest when I'm sure I am not, friends who will just hang out and don't mind that I am a brunch newbie. . .:)

The worst times have not dulled the magic that is the special people in my life, kids, friends and advisers, students they make the dream that you never want to end seem possible.

No comments: