Thursday, February 28, 2008

His name was Kyle

As the date of his death nears, I cannot help but to think about this child. His name was Kyle, and you can leave virtual flowers on his site at http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=7036116

Here is why I cannot, will not ever forget him-

April 20, 1999, I was expecting Precious- and the fact that Kyle was special needs made his death all the more upsetting to me at the time, but even more so because of Paris's dx. I read everything I could about him, and his family- how they tried so hard to get him accepted, how hard his mom worked to get him dx'ed properly, and yet, those two monsters, without an ounce of humanity, snuffed out his life without a second thought. He was the first one killed in the library, some fell he may have been too scared or confused to hide or run. . .

I learned so much from this child's life, and want that life to be remembered. Why now? Maybe because I worry about his story melding in with all of the others who were killed in places that were supposed to be safe, maybe because this little man was so like my son is now, or maybe because in the scheme of things, one life really does make a difference, even when it is short.

z'l Kyle

No comments: