Sunday, November 2, 2008

I am John Proctor


I am John Proctor, no matter what happens in the election. In the push for "change" it has become less and less clear what kind of "change" will be put in place if the Dear Leader Obama wins, but no matter what happens, I will not be swayed from my objective; I will be John Proctor.


No matter who gets elected, the path to new leadership will not be easy and dappled with pools of soft sunlight on flowers. If Dear Leader wins, the country will be at the brink of establishing a government system that most of our ancestors left en masse- including mine. The troubling similarities between stories my father told me and the behavior of my so called "friends" regarding my opposition to the one are scary beyond belief. I am against any change that puts the government in charge of my life to the extent that I cannot live my life without interference and redistribution. They that rule over the means of production rule all. . .and it boggles the mind that people who claim to not trust the government with anything are voting to do just that, trust them with the economy, and forfeit their right to choose especially in light of the Dear Leader's friends and associates, and complete lack of disclosure on so many fronts.


If Dear Leader loses, it will be several months, if not years, of tantrums and accusations, charges of racism and theft. . . setting up dissent as racist, rather than a freedom afforded to us, so either way, a pledge seems to be in order, and here is mine;
I am a proud person, a hard working person, and I am a fighter. I will not go quietly into any night, and I will, come hell or high water, fight for the basic principles and values of the United States of America. I will not throw America out with the bathwater, I will work toward justice, but not revolution, because I believe in the basic good of this society.


I am John Proctor no matter what happens. Taking my cue from his actions, among others in 1692, I vow to fight against the mass hysteria that has poisoned the actions of humans beings for several hundred years after his time- I will not allow his actions to go unnoticed.

Through hysteria and vengeful accusations, I will not be swayed from the core beliefs of my country, I will demand those rights, and I will expect life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness as my due. I will NOT allow any one group or person to take those rights away from me.

I will question everyone, I will take nothing on faith, and no matter the outcome, I will not be cowed by scare tactics, aggression, nor be intimidated for speaking my mind. I will study and learn the most detailed parts of the Bill of Rights, and the Constitution, as is my duty as an American, and hold my government to those standards, and fight to my last breath, any and all attempts to remove one iota of my freedom from me. Fairness Doctrine be damned for the perversion of freedom it is, and all who support freedom of. . .the right kind of. . . speech. . .

I will fight for my country, because my country makes me who I am, free. If we lose that freedom to change for change's sake, may G-d have mercy on us all.

No comments: