Thursday, May 21, 2009

Twilight and Shadow, smoke and ash


Ok- week 1 is over, and up until yesterday, I was in heaven. I really felt that thanks to a certain Grad class that came just in the nick of time. . .I was doing very well at getting at the heart of the poverty prelim question- using scrupulously selected texts to support my answer. . .


Then I went to Facebook. . .the hell of all things


Someone else was discussing their prelim answers. . .and their 50. . .yes 5-0 footnotes over 10 pages, for the record, I have 25 over 8 pages, having needed 2 pages for references. . .


50. . .really?


What to do what to do. . .not sure.


The grad school handbook says the answers should be original and not be just passages or ideas from books strung together. . .and I think I have done that. . .shit then why do I stress so? Because I STILL am waiting for someone to tap me on the shoulder and ask what I am doing there? Me, former low class, public school, teen mom, nontraditional college student, what the hell am I thinking??


Onward to the Jewish prelim rough draft- I am just gonna stick with my understanding of the assignment and defend the hell out of my answer. . .Hell yeah!

No comments: