Sunday, May 24, 2009

All without a net. . .

I am struggling- so much information so little space to fashin a response to the questions asked- I have already written and scrapped 3 versions. . .with a 4th to be started after posting this whine. . .

The thing is, I am at a loss to measure my answer in format, and to some extent, content. The example posted on the program web page is 12 pages long, including citations, 2 more than I am allotted, I am being held to 10- firm including citations.

I have a thesis statement for each of the questions, and support for my thesis in the responses, but I am struggling with a different demon, the demon of stand alone on my interpretations- which actually is harder than my former style, which was to emote about how the readings made me "feel" I would not go back to those days, but mercy, it is tough to go up with your work on the people you pick for your committee who really know the stuff-

What if I get slammed on the defense? What if I get a call saying not to bother to show up, the answers are drek?

Sigh, back to work. . .

No comments: