Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The End of all things

So- we have an answer. . .to what was wrong with me. . .and well, I am surprised to say the least. . .

So- I was having the following issues with my health

Headaches from hell

Jaw pain

Neck pain

Pain in my chest and down both arms

Muscle pains and spasms in my face and neck

Severe upper back and shoulder pain-

Blood tests, 'grams of all kinds, all negative. . .until a radiologist read one of my x rays. . .and told me to go to my dentist. . .whaaaaa?

2 weeks later. . .I find I have severe TMD. . .my jaw is out of whack to such a degree that it is causing the majority of my symptoms. . .wow.

I also have a form for fibromyalgia. . .harmless and treatable without drugs- so very very very good news, finally. . .:)

Happy and relieved under the umbrella

3 comments:

laurafingerson said...

Wow, TMD! What do they do for that? A grad school colleague of mine had it but now I don't remember what they did for her -- something you wear at night? I can imagine that would cause a lot of your troubles. UG!! You poor woman! That is sad about the fibromyalgia. I'll keep my fingers crossed on that one.

Chetter said...

Hey dude - sorry to hear about the TMD. I have it as well, although not to such an extent as you. Basically, your dentist will give you a night guard to wear while you sleep (at least that's what mine did) to keep your jaw from clamping shut. I also wear it during any other stressful time (such as flying, long hours, etc) since I noticed that that is when I tend to clamp down the most. It looks funny, but magically my migraines are gone! And all from a piece of plastic! Good luck with everything, at least now you have answers so you can start treating the symptoms.

Ema said...

So, yeah, since starting the treatment. . .I have had zero problems thus far. . .sigh, who knew?

The more extreme options given me were VERY unpleasant. . .breaking bones, implants and looooong recovery with no ability to lecture. . .hmmm