Monday, June 29, 2009

I'd Like to Thank. . .

In sitting down to write this post- I realize how hard it is to remember who to thanks and how a few minutes just cannot do the journey justice. . .But I will try. . .

"In this journey toward successful defense of an oral examiniation, there have been many people that have contributed to my efforts; I could not have done it without the following people;

To my kids, of course- your sweet and wonderful comments and considerations and the way you tried so hard to "fight quietly" and to "make sure mom doesn't see THAT" when you thought I was too busy working . . .and for all the pasta meals you made so much fun.

To my advisors; Amanda for getting me through this, Michael and Kristen for sticking with me into summer, and thanks to Laura, for making it fun enough the first time around to try again. . .

To Carrie, who got me to get my forms in, and was a great support for all things procedural. . .

To the Facebook FIENDS- not friends:) who made me laugh and who inspired me to keep trying when I wanted to give up. . .

The ILLAD staff, and the electronic delivery of articles. . .the patient Golde Meir staff and patrons- the kind young man who always seemed to have to look for the book that was still setting off the alarm. . .to the carts that got sick of shlepping my books all over the place, and to the kind people working the desks @ the Madison and GB, nad US libraries. . .many thanks

To all the people I forgot, to all the people I have yet to meet on this path. . .Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Michele, but I believe that you yourself deserve most if not all of the credit.

Amanda

laurafingerson said...

I love how you thank the library staff, especially the ILLIAD folk whom I always figured toiled in dim lighting and general anonymity. You are so right. Thanks for the shout out, too. I agree with Amanda. YOU are the one who juggles a thousand balls constantly and still manages to do everything well and with style.