Thursday, June 11, 2009

It is done. . .

The sun sets. . .on my preliminary examination, which I handed in this morning, what an odd odd feeling.


So many emotions and feelings about this event, but mostly happy and nervous, I really believe that I handed in a piece of my soul, if a soul is that which makes you who you are, then my education is a part of that, it feels so scary.

Back before I saw the light in an amazing class- I was quite content to emote and "feel" the literature, today represents an attempt to do something beyond that- and to answer questions about what is written, not about how I feel about it. . .which when you get right down to it, is only fair.

Think about it- if I "feel" something and someone else "feels" differently, where does the discussion come from? Does it start with "I don't care about YOUR feelings. . ." which seems like a limited and unproductive situation.

If I feel and you feel different, what do we discuss? Why we are wrong?

Defense next- 2 weeks of "I wonder what they think of it. . .am I gonna get an e mail telling me it is is not defensible. . .eeeek!!"

Yep that covers it:)


But. . .things just got a bit more relaxed under the umbrella!

No comments: