Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Looking for the eye of the brainstorm. . .

I cannot stay focused on anything- I am just all over the place waiting to defend my prelim exam- I am back and forth- oh, I should have handed in draft number 2, 4, 7 of question 2. . .I should have just gone for the question 1 compare and contrast and been done with it. . .but nooooo, I had to try to form something out of a well of knowledge I dug, well, filled, with reading lists and lots of hours. . .

As I look back on all of this, I realize how many things did go right, and how many went wrong. . .but even some of the icky things were a blessing-

The long cold winter and icky ICKY spring meant I was not at all tempted to slack off- the weather was perfect for keeping me focused and put me in a curl up and read mode- awesome!

Jaw/mouth/health issues- well, this one still continues to be quite a pain, literally. I have had to go back in twice, and my jaw pain has only slightly gone away, I still talk funny, but it is not as painful, AND I am now quite "worked up" to know that I am in pretty good health. . .just in pain, which may sound sucky, but it really isn't.

Through it all, my kids have been there with me every step of the way, and have inspired me to keep up the pace, slow down when needed, and remind me every day why all of this matters- because I am teaching them things that can best be taught by experience, which is why we WILL have that vacay, because they EARNED it, and it is my duty and obligation to honor my word. . .and I will, oh yes, I will. . .

Two more days. . .

Remind me to tell you the story of the apple blossoms some time. . .:)

No comments: