Tuesday, August 21, 2007

So it begins

Alrighty then. . .so the drama is SOOO the story today

I have a high school senior this year. . .male, 17, and of COURSE he knows it ALL. . .which makes my life so much easier, since, well, you know, I do not have to educate him, or continue to prepare him for college life or ANYTHING. He knows he knows!

Sigh, and I thought Precious would be my most challenging. . .what with that princi-nopal at his school. . .

The last thing in the world I want to do right now is to deal with that woman, but hey, I did not post the history. . .wait until you hear. . .

OK, so Precious is all ready for kindergarten, MAINSTREAMED even, and I want to get him registered. In trying to be a good proactive advocate for my autistic kid. . .I contact the school trying to arrange a meeting to discuss the challenges and rewards to have a child like my Precious in the school. . .and the princi-nopal will not give me the papers! She says it is because she has not been told "for sure" he will be there, which, as an informed parent, I know is a lie. SO, of course, I check to make sure she is a lying ykw. . .and contact the superintendent. I explain that her actions could be construed as a violation of the ADA, and that I feel that this matter should be handled right away. . .and lo and behold, I get the papers.

She continues to impede his progress, and remains out of the loop yet trying to dictate to those of us in the loop, which I resist. The next 2 years are a series of inconsequential confrontations that end with me throwing down her lack of follow thorough and commitment to his academic success in "her" school- which sounds bitchy, but I say it much better than that, it actually sounded sweet. . .if you don't know me that is;)

So, he is in first grade this past year, and it hit the fan- she has no idea what it takes to alter the schedule of an autistic kid AND keep him behaving in school- she messes with me royally and we have it out face to face with the superintendent. . .and I make her cry. . .not with joy. Long story, short conclusion. . .she has agreed to back off. He is going into 2nd grade now, and we will see what happens. . .so tired of the drama, but willing to go and bring it when necessary!

How the hell does an "educator" look at herself after treating a child like she does my Precious? Bitch notwithstanding. . .after all, I am A BITCH, but I have STANDARDS! Sheesh!

No comments: