Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A crossroad

So, the career- I need one

I know in my heart I can never leave sociology and be happy, and if I am going to be doing this for 50 years. . .I need it to be happy work- so what are my options?

Thanks to Laura, I can probably make it through this time, and get to where I want to be, but NYC was so hard. No other time has affected me, I felt so at home with all the sociologists, and had so amazing times. . .and for the first time the ache really took hold you know, the ache? That feeling like "if only. . ." and the blanks fill in themselves! In my case, if only my life were different, oh and if only the guilt of saying that did not STING! I love my life, my kids, by this feeling of being with a group, or even in a program that accepts my life's work as worthy. . .well it was opiate to this student:)

Sigh, I cannot wait until Boston 2008!

Em

No comments: