Wednesday, August 22, 2007

NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Had an amazing time of it. . .these pictures explained below. . .taken in Times Square


But, apart from missing my kids terribly!! I had a great time! I was all over that island, and even found a pair of work shoes on 5th avenue for 45 dollars, my one splurge! The 6 were spoiled rotton, got them kippahs and such from the Museum of Jewish heritage http://www.mjhnyc.org/index.htm and also saw Chicago on Broadway for 25 bucks, a rush ticket. Saw Ground Zero, which was really important to me. . .


I was 7 months pregnant with my daughter on 9-11-01, and I remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard about it. I was born on the 7th anniversary of JFK's death/murder, and my whole life many people would tell me where they were when they heard the president was dead. . .I had that experience on 9-11. I will always remember that day, and seeing all of the confusion and fear on the faces of the people they talked to in the aftermath- the way my heart sank and my hands went to my stomach when I watched both buildings fall, the need to get my kids- the only Jews in school- home early from school for a snack and a talk about what was going on. The grim realization that because of our contacts in Israel, we knew now how they really felt when they survived an attack. . .and the way my now 17 year old son went to football practice that night, because he was not going to stop living.


So, these many years later, I was reminded at that moment how much had changed and how much had stayed the same- so it was very nice to get there and close the circle.


One last rant- you myspace people already know this- the subway was SOOOOOO COOL!!!! As a full time commuter. . .ewwwww, I loved the system, and had no problems going on the subway at any time day or night. There was a smell and an EWWWWW factor, but not a OMGIAMGONNADIE factor! Love public transportation, still think that London Underground is the best one around. . .
See above for NYC's finest and me clowning around

No comments: