Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Moping and creative

Sing this to Bon Jovi's Dead or Alive

It's all the same, only the semesters change
Everyday it seems job stability's wasting away
Another place where the faces are so cold
I have drive all night just to pay for my home
Chorus:
I'm an adjunct, semester to semester do I survive
I'm working dead or alive
Working dead or alive
Sometimes i sleep, sometimes it's not for days
And the tenured faculty i meet always go their separate ways
Sometimes you tell the day
By the classes that you teach
And times when you're all alone all you do is think
Chorus
I'm and adjunct, semester to semester do I survive
I'm working, dead or alive
Working, Working, dead or alive
I walk these streets, a loaded briefcase on my back
I play for keeps, 'cause i might not be asked back
I been everywhere, still I'm whoring my skills out
I've seen a million faces an I've taught them all
I'm an adjunct, in an Elantra do I ride
I'm teaching dead or alive
I'm an adjunct, I got no one on my side
Still teaching dead or alive
Teaching dead or alive

No comments: