Monday, December 29, 2008

A Very Jewish Christmas. . .

Lots of fits and starts. . .

Let's start with the Gingerbread House- Martha believes it serves as the centerpiece of so many festive holiday events. . .but I could not see paying for the 'luxe version- Martha and I found the 7 dollar version at Walmart- Visions of THIS Sugar plum Danced all over my medulla oblongata. . .


This is what actually danced across my table. . .um, I mean this is how it turned out. . .

No your eyes are not playing tricks. . .everything is oozing to the right. . .not sure why, could not get a contractor to the house for this confection emergency. . ."we have Jew trying to put up a gingerbread house. . .call in the second shift, we are in for a loooong night..."



This was my pathetic attempt to mimic




This lovely Martha approved version of the family tree. . .
On the plus side, all my cookies came out well, dinner was turkey and it was great. . .but this whole Charlie Brownstein Christmas was very very hard to do from scratch and the Internet. . . I never did get the "lovely lace encrusted tree skirt" for 29.99. and I forgot about a stand and the garland, having bought tinsel until Martha gently and genteelly admonished me, informing me that tinsel was not for artificial trees. . .cannot get it off. . .looks bad. . .
Happy Christmas was had by all, but it was WORK:)
Oh, woe betide me. . .I was not born with Martha's flair. . .I only have 15 pieces of flair, and my kids own 3/5 of it:)
Happy New Year to you all. . .





No comments: