Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Maybe I am not going to teach after all. . .


Why should I? After almost 4 years at my current "we cannot get along without our adjuncts" and "you are NOT just an adjunct, we value you even if we horribly under pay you" and "we have plans for you after you get your doctorate" job. . .I get THIS today

". . . This means that the Psychology and Sociology adjuncts will be relocated to a brand new office downstairs on the lower level of the Bldg, R006. . ."

Folks, this is the FUCKING BASEMENT, 2 floors BELOW the department, the printer, the mailboxes. . .in short, it is the final sign that this place will probably use me and lose me if and when I graduate.

Despite excellent student and department evaluations, combined with my free advising work. . .I, along with the other dregs. . .ooops I mean "valued adjuncts" are to be consigned to the dungeon...oh, sorry, I mean the "brand new office in the lower level of the building"

Whatever. . .

1 comment:

laurafingerson said...

Oh yes, oh yes. I feel for ya! Space is always at a premium and pretty much everyone is higher on the totem pole than "thank you for your valuable service" adjuncts. It's rational, it just stinks for the adjuncts. Value your skills! Value your time! They have a lot of worth.