Sunday, June 29, 2008

A letter of thanks. . .from the Rainmom Bitch

Hello-
Another school year has passed, and it is with great appreciation that I share with you how spectacular Precious's teachers were this year. Once again, his teachers went to all lengths to help him reach his potential. This was an important year for my son, he transitioned into a full day of school- having ended his intensive therapy in February.The efforts of his teachers, Mrs. H and Mrs. M were nothing short of amazing, and I could not have been more pleased. They displayed the most amazing sense of purpose with my son, with the core assumption being that my son could and would do everything the other children did, and that was that! Their care and concern and their patience with his progress were amazing, and it was so effective as we made the leap into full day school. They are amazing!
Mr. G, Precious's "friend", was another amazing part of his team! Precious would always report that he "Played with friends" at school, and Mr. G was an exceptional friend in dealing with my son. Because of his efforts, he was able to make huge leaps this year, and I could not be happier!Mrs. N, his EA was another crucial part of the team- and without her efforts, Precious would have not done nearly as well. Her care and concern did not mean Precious could rest on his laurels, she pushed him to do his best, and I am so happy with how well this year went. The teaching staff is to be commended for their efforts on behalf of all their students, but I single them out because they never once treated him like an inferior damaged child, and I am very grateful, of course, because he is not treated that way at home.
All of the hard work by Precious and his teachers paid off, and I look forward to each passing year as another chance to allow him to excel, however, the article in the Press today took quite a bit of air out of my sails. To see the "blame" for substandard performance by a school laid at the feet of people like my son was crushing, to say the very least.
Rest assured, I would be calling this person myself, if my child was one of the singled out, and consider this article and the statements attributed to staff members as most troubling. I am hoping that more information will be provided so these 64 students do not have to be burdened with the cruel comments about their school performance. That would really be a shame to see, in light of the excellent education my son has received thus far in his school "career".

Thanks so much for your time,

So, yeah, regressing. . . NOT!

No comments: