Thursday, June 12, 2008

Critics Rave "You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll file complaints and lawsuits"

So-

Under the umbrella has been pretty outrageous as of late- while I know that the political has replaced the personal for a time, the personal is SO on now, and crisis after crisis has been making for a very uncomfortable few weeks.

Where to begin? How About with the crash and burn with Precious's therapy clinic.

Some background;

The same clinic that I used for his care was supposed to follow him for the duration-meaning we had looked forward to a long and beneficial relationship for years to come. Yet, by last summer, his last year of intensive therapy, things were already strained, for many reasons.
First, the senior therapist, who controlled the number of hours Precious would get per week began to behave in such a ridiculously unprofessional way that I actually suspected she was taking drugs or something. She began to cut his hours, and she would speak about me and my child to the therapists, using highly unprofessional language and really, it was just horrible. She had gone from being a person of standards to a substandard employee, and for the life of me I could not figure out what was going on with her. I complained to her boss. . .who most people believe she is sleeping with (she is married to someone else, so is he, yet she was always wearing low cut tops and curling her hair when they were doing their "rounds" together. I mean really, even clueless wondered if "something was going on with those two, the body language was unmistakable) AND of course he did nothing about it. I let it drop, thinking it would get better, it did not. . .SO

this past February Precious ended intensive therapy and we moved to a "consult" relationship with this clinic. . .which I thought meant I would have someone to consult with, and Jodi, the senior thought it meant "Cut Off No Speaking Useless Lost Time" which was the last straw. I did not hear from Jodie at ALL, and felt that she had finally just abandoned all pretense of doing her job. . .so I ended the "consult" relationship with this clinic- and thought that would be the end of it. . . NOT

See, the therapists still come here, Precious gets fewer hours, but he gets them, and these therapists still see Jodie and come here. Apparently, she has decided that the reason I ended the clinic's services is because I did not want her to see "Precious regressing" and that I was using "county money for babysitting"

Riiiiiight! It was not because she evaporated for a month, and refused to return calls- it was that I was to blame.

SO- I called her lover boss and told him that I was filing a formal complaint, I contacted Precious's social worker, and got her in to see Precious and to verify he was "not regressing" AND I filed that complaint, I hope she loses her job, and I also made sure I contacted the main office and told them the situation. . .so we will see.

From his progress report from school "Precious has advanced so much this year! He is communicating in ways that were not seen in the fall. We are all in awe of his progress. Good job Precious!"

Regressing MY ASS!!!!! *&&* * you, Jodie!

M out

1 comment:

laurafingerson said...

You are SUCH a strong advocate for your children. They are lucky to have you!! You inspire me!