Sunday, August 29, 2010

What do you have?

Bracing for the inevitable, hoping for the best, dreading the worst, and in the end, realize that there are so few moments in life that are absolute bliss- and savor them all as much as possible?

So, Friday, I sent my syllabus to the department, and the other adjunct did the same, the third one never responded. And I got the following e mail back from the department head-
"I am confused about the syllabus for SOC 100. I assume all the students enrolled in SOC 100 for fall 2010 have the same syllabus, same learning outcomes, same assignments, and same grading points. Is this the case? If not, it needs to be the case so the liberal arts assessment and the learning outcomes match from one section of SOC 100 to the next."

Assume- makes an ass out of u and me. . .
Spoke with the other adjuct and found out that she will use my syllabus, and I guess that is that. . .or is it?
You know me- probably not:) More on this later. . .

2 comments:

laurafingerson said...

Um, really? Huoh! Things have changed.

Anonymous said...

Yep- it is total bs and there is a story to be told, I will make sure to post it as it unfolds. . .:)

Michele