Saturday, August 21, 2010

Other Odds and Ends. . .Oh the places you will go!











So- As I reach the credit limit on my credit card, I am looking forward to to hopefully having health insurance again thank to my wonderful advisor and her efforts. . .cannot ever thank her enough for all the hard work she puts in for all her jobs, and yet finds time to help me as much as she does- Props to her!
Yes, you read that right, I have no insurance- but, sputter sputter. . .you are sick. . .yep I am. . .how can sick people NOT have insurance. . .wellllll you can read my dissertation in a year and find out:) Yes, I said a year:) Aiming high. . .
So, how did we spend summer vacation- On the Beach, pretty much. . .I had 2 trips which I already told you about, well except the Atlanta trip, that was actually kind of funny and well, offers one of THOSE moments- here is what I mean.
I became a flier late in life- just never went on plane trips as a kid. . .so when I started flying, a new airline was just starting out- Midwest. I had my first several flights on this airline- and from what I know now, totally spoiled by their original service. Room, food, and WINE, which I need when flying, no I NEED it really- medicinal purposes
So, when AirTran wanted to buy Midwest, I was totally against it, because I believed the hype. . .that they would "ruin" Midwest. . .I know now that Midwest ruined it, and that what is left in the place of what used to Midwest is not even an empty shell- it is a totally different animal(yes I went there, the new company's claim to fame? Animals on the tails of the planes. . .as opposed to "the best care in the air, you can now be "treated like the animal you are")
So, flew AirTran round trip to Atlanta. . .and it. was. awesome.
Friendly, efficient and really a good basic airline, which included radio on board, so cool. I stand corrected on AirTran, and wonder if Midwest would still be some semblance of itself had AirTran won that fight. . .
Cheetos Full Moon coming up along with a trip to Great America. . .all with tons of pic I'm sure and of course I will have to keep you posted on the job, the plot thickens as we speak. . .




No comments: