Sunday, January 3, 2010

Peace

What is the best part of surviving the past year? The peace in my house right now at this time, and the feeling of being free. . .deep breaths from deep inside because the anxiety and fear is gone, along with the source, and he will not be coming back.

Yes, there has been so much to fear, so many things that I have not been able to control, but things are so much better now. . .and well, last week I realized that I had really come along way.

I was driving down to Chicago to pick up my son, and was driving on a road I was not too familiar with, two lane, and it started to snow, making it slippery. The car ahead of me was moving fast, but then suddenly slammed on the brakes, and I went into a skid, turned 180, and my car began to slide into oncoming traffic. . .backwards- my car was facing the wrong way. . .

Through it all, my mind played all of the rules for this kind of situation, what to do, and I did so, no fear, no yelling, not a peep, as I regained control of my car and was able to assess the situation and realize that I was not in any immediate danger and then, started down the road again. I did notice after a bit that my hands were slightly shaking. . .but other than that, not so much and it was then, finally, that I understood just how much my life had changed and how I had been changed by it- unexpected, possibly life threatening event. . .dealt with and done that. . .time to live your life without fear of the unknown- life is the unknown, and so far, I have been able to kick the unknown's ass!

Rock on 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: