Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lost and Found

Took me awhile to post about this, it happened last week, right before the snowstorm. Every mom's nightmare- I got a call from school asking where Precious was. . .and I had put him on the bus that morning, so there was no reason he should NOT be there. . .OMG!
FRANTIC. . .PANIC.....OMG where is MY SON?????? The school has called his dad, his older brothers, and me, I am just freaking out BIG.TIME. While on the phone, they get ahold of the bus driver, and she confirms that he had been dropped off at school, but he was not there. WHAT????? OMG who has my Precious????
I am ready to throw up at this point, trying so hard not to just start bawling, and I pull over ready to turn around in the VERY SPECIAL PLACE reserved for police cars to wait for me to give me my monthly speeding ticket. . .and I realize I can't breathe so well, and I feel a bit faint. . .until I mentally slap myself and mom up on this. . .they are still looking for him, and I am begging for them to call 911. . .and I realize I have been PUT ON HOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SERIOUSLY??? My son is missing and you are putting me on hold like I am asking about the bake sale??????? Tick Tock, Tick Tock, my heart feels like it is going to explode, and I realize I am very close to passing out, but mom up more and wait. . .for the 2 minutes that felt like 2 days for the click and the we FOUND HIM!
He had gone into school and had found his place, without anyone noticing I guess, and was safe.

One of the things I have been working so hard on is getting him to go about his business as he can, motivated by his understanding of what is expected of him, which is exactly what he did here, but because no one thought he would or could do this, wide spread panic ensued. . .

Wow, Precious, next time let me know when you going to go about your business. . .and please, check in with those who will miss you if you are not there, ok?

OMG, wow!

No comments: