Friday, January 9, 2009

Beloved Bear. . .

2007
With our Sweet German exchange student


Alas, gourd Yorick, he knew him well . . . .

Mayhem in August. . .
15 years old today- beloved bear. . .I am thankful for every second! When I think back to those early years- the scary hospital visits, the constant alert for cardiac issues, the eckos with your baby heart beating blood out of the hole in your ventricles. . .and the constant worry. . .am I going to lose this baby? How can I let myself love him, what if I lose him, should I just keep things in perspective. . .back and forth, until finally, I realized that while I was wondering if I should not love you too much in case I lost you. . .I was falling in love with your sweet face, and the way you snuggled in my arms when you fell asleep there. . .I realized I was carrying you around all the time, because I wanted to keep an eye on you. . .and I was hooked on your sweet face. . .
You are now a 6 foot 2 inch tall young man. . .with a fully operational heart with no more holes in it. . .and I love you so very much.
You are my pride, my joy, my muffin, matzah muffin during Pesach :)
Happy 15th, Yelid gadol vay tov!








No comments: