Thursday, November 8, 2007

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

So- The wrath of Rainmom unleashed this afternoon. . .solemnly

Let me explain, no, there is too much, let me sum up. . . Precious takes a bus to school, and I was taking him across the street to put him on- his aide who rides the bus with him stands up in the doorway of the bus and starts to "speak" however, I am not quite sure what she is saying, because she is speaking in a VERY disjointed way- it was kind of like she began the conversation before she got to my house, and I was some how supposed to figure out what I had missed. . .AND make a decision about something. . .at 7:55am and coffee free, not a good time.

I also gathered that she wanted to take my picture for some sort of project idea she had gotten from a seminar where A REAL LIVE AUTISTIC PERSON SPOKE. . .puleeeeezzzzze! This crap is getting old, my son is there 3 years now. . .and this is the best they can do? Grrrrrrr! I told her that the doorway to the school bus was really not an appropriate place for such a discussion, and bid her good day. . .

Never mind that she was in direct violation of FERPA, and that the curious parents of the school across the street we treated to a nice look into my son's supposed behavior problems. . . NEVER MIND that what works for one autistic person may not work with another, and NEVER MIND that my son is a person, NOT a diagnosis. . .perish the notion that he needs to have any kind of typical kid privacy. . .I am still so angry angry angry!!!!!

So, I stew all morning. . .and finally, it is time to pick Precious up from school. . .and I am UNLEASHED- laid it out for his actual teacher, who knew NOTHING AT ALL about her little plan of action, and I told him that I was BEYOND angry and that I really felt insulted as she seemed to really have no understanding of my son's rights. . .blah blah bitch bitch. . .so we shall see. . . RAINMOM MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: