Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Yoga 101 Under the Umbrella aka My dog doesn't face that way

A mess even Martha would be proud of. . .Yoga, in the comfort of your own home!

Ok, so it was not REALLY yoga. . .my dog doesn't face downward. . .but, according to the box my CD/DVD came in this purchase would be more like an attempt at "letting go" and "willing yourself to throw your cares to the wind" (umm, not good, when you spit OR throw cares to the wind, they come back to you with interest!) but in the spirit of trying to "relax" I decided to attempt a "relaxation session" in "the comfort of my own home"

Clearly the authors of my boxed set never visited my home. . .comfort yes, but does that have to include silence, peace and tranquility? After attempting this session, I would have to conclude that silence, peace, and tranquility are CRUCIAL parts of the relaxation session.

I have so concluded based on the following excerpt from said relaxation session

RM- Kids! I am going to be working on relaxing(!!!!!) for a bit, stay out of trouble, play nice, I will just be upstairs.

Kids- CRASH! SHRIEK! mmMOOOOOOMMMMM!

RM- Ok, gonna try it again. . .I will be upstairs. . .relaxing. . .so hold it together for an hour

Kids- Crash! BOOM! Smash!

RM- 45 minutes

Kids- Crash! Boom!

RM- 30 minutes

Kids- Crash. . .

RM- Gimme 10 minutes to find inner peace. . .PLEASE???!

Kids-cr. . .

In Lavender scented room, stringed music of an odd sort playing

Faint screaming getting louder. . .

Door- Pound BOOM CRASH

RM- Sigh. . .inner peace is pretty useless without outer lack of chaos. . .

Kids- Is it lunch time yet?

Rm- OOOOOOOOOOHM. . .namaste





No comments: