Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day






So much continues to happen- I live the life, but I cannot keep up with the changes at times, especially now- but since I am sick of bullet points, I will attempt to compose a lovely post. . .


The situation with my nieces has gotten worse- and it just may be that I am not going to be able to help- my sister in law attacked my relative while drunk and then when my brother pulled her off, she accused him of abusing her. She now wants a divorce so bringing the kids here may not be possible- since it would be over state lines, he is in Florida where I am thinking those girls will have to be half dead before the state takes them from their mom. . .we will wait and see.

Work is very good- I am making real progress on my dissertation, and have 5 interviews lined up with 3 more possible(one even has PICTURES) YAY- on the PA work, I admit I am having a lot of fun driving around town and remembering the information I gathered about certain areas. . .it is really amazing to see your work around you. . .

Life otherwise? Well, it is what it is, you do what you have to and make the best of it. I cannot say I am all in favor of a long distance marriage, but it really does make you appreciate the time you do spend together. . .

Passover was very VERY hard this year! I was not feeling the best, and matzah was not helping, since my issue was not related to a tummy issue(had that earlier) All I can say is that I am a Passover wimp and I feel that Matzah is truly the bread of affliction. . .

The kids are all doing well. Precious is just amazing and he will be in regular classes in middle school next year, he is just such a person now, his personality and his sense of humor are growing strong and he is just such a great kid.

Cocoa is looking forward to summer. She likes school, but hit the wall this year about "cursive" writing. . .she really can't sit still long enough to complete it and whines about it a LOT. . .I will be glad to not have to fight her for the summer:)

Butter is having a great year, and I am very sad that he will not move on to play next year. He has decided his musical days are over, and I can't push him, he did his best, but his heart is not in it, so I will let him move on. . .

Muffin is doing better, still conflicted, but better off than he was, I am glad to see him more relaxed and laughing more. . .

KIA- well, he is well, and I am very VERY proud of him:)

As for the times we live in, all I can say is WOW and OUCH and Daaaamn- I never thought I would see the day that people would actualy drive less when gas prices shot up this high. . .maybe we are on to something:)

More later. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you think gas prices are high in the USA think about waht we have to pay here in the UK. It is now £1.35 per litre! It is definitely making people think more abvout the use of their cars and controlling speed on motorways as people slow down to save petrol.
Best wishes toyou and your family.