Thursday, February 4, 2010

Well, it had to happen. . .

The fingers of G-d on the water
Ready for his haircut!

Clowning around at Panera


A favorite of me and my Precious



Trying to get away. . .DENIED!


The other shoe has dropped, I now have to pony up a few thousand dollars before I can get my doctor suggested, nay, DEMANDED IV medicine a second round.
Taking me off the immunotherapy to fight the infection was the best choice, but apparently it is the choice that just won't let it go. . .
SO while it is true that if I am severe distress I can go to the ER and get treated, I have to have cash or charge in the amount of a few grand in order to get any more treatment that is not treating an emergency.
It is not for lack of trying that I have no insurance, it is lack of money, and I am not eligible for Badgercare so I have been trying to work things out with my healthcare provider, well the business department, and well, to their credit they have been more than kind and even my doctors have tried to make the policies bend like Beckham. . .but I have hit the wall now, and have to just do the best I can.
That I am both resigned and pissed by this shows the history of my life- over the course of my life, there have been so many times where we did not go to doctors, and well, my attitude has always been one of only when I can't cure myself. . .
But still, the perception that everyone can and should get health care services is not very cut and dried. I know this more than ever now.
So, onward and upward, for as long as I can hold out:)

1 comment:

laurafingerson said...

In my next life, I am either going to be an MD or a benevolent dictator. Both of which could help you out. UG!!!! Every time I read about Congress and health care, I get madder. Then, I read your story and get madder yet.