Sunday, July 25, 2010

How it happened














Ended up going to San Fransisco for a few days last week, kind of a weird sense of how things can happen. . .
In my adjucting, which may or may not be ending, long story, in one department, I was lucky enough to teach a class of first year students about the art of critical thinking. . .and really loved it. I have always felt so badly that in many of the classes I taught, I could not spend more time with those students who needed more help to keep up. Did the best I could, still felt like it was not enough. . .
The class I taught last fall was awesome because that time was built into the course, and it was some of the best learning I had, the students taught me a lot and I am hoping I helped them. . .
So, anyway, after a meeting the director pulled me aside and asked if I could take her place at the conference, and well, I did decide to go.
It was AMAZING. . .nothing short of it, and I was so grateful for the opportunity. . .learned a lot, and was so happy to meet people from all walks of life, just amazing. . .
The trip itself was not without issues, and OH YES a blog post will tell all. . .

1 comment:

A said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!
We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."
It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your interview.
Best regards,
Mike Thomas