Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Nu? You want you should be a doctor?

Sigh- the plague has hit with a mighty force- that an a severe case of cabin fever. . .for us all- and I find myself at a weird place. . .getting a tattoo or no?

See, there is this thing coming up- this one, and as you can see. . .there is a chance for me to finally do this. . .or not. . .eeeeek.

See, I have always had a fascination with it. . .getting the whole thing- but one thing that my whole life up to this point and then some has taught me is that you should REALLY think long and hard about anything that is "forever". . .but would this be one thing that could be seen as a forever. . .can I control it, make it forever. . .well, my forever, passed on to my family long after the mortal coil shuffle?

The whole history behind it, including the barbaric use of tattoos during the Shoah make this an issue for me, but I find myself unable to just say "I will never get one". . .and it is now, I need a reason to get one. . .like becoming a DOCTOR????

Hmmmm- the fact that I have already picked a few ideas for where and what it might be. . .I am guessing that the fence has been cleared. . .and I am on the other side. . . .

1 comment:

laurafingerson said...

Hooray for tattoos! My 3/4 sleeve on my left arm will be done at my next appointment...... There are a lot of "forever" things that we do where we have a lot less control. Say, getting knocked up. Who knows what the temperament and personality of our progeny will be? Yet, we can predict with remarkable certainly what a tattoo will look like on our bodies! But, I have to admit, the "foreverness" of my giant 3/4 sleeve is a bit unnerving, and it is already mostly done.

Btw - we're talking about sibling relationships in my family education class. I'll have to ask the parent educator what her "ignoring" strategy is and report back!